But what if you want to go deeper? If you want to learn about developing or greatly enhancing the core AI systems then you’re going to need to learn the tools of the AI-trade.
A great place to start is to learn about or brush up on your Python skills. Also, a lot of folks in the AI and research space use Jupyter notebooks which are a great way to share and explain Python code.
Option 1: Google Colaboratory
The quickest way to start playing around with Python and Jupyter is to check out
Here’s a quick description of how to install both Python and Jupyter notebooks: Google’s Colaboratory. This is an online experience that lets you start using Jupiter and Python right out of the gate and is a great way to get your feet wet.
Option 2: Install Python and Jupyter on your local machine
If you want to get more serious you can install Python and Jupyter on your local machine. The process is explained below.
- Install Python: Before you start using Jupyter, you need to install Python on your computer. You can download the latest version from the official Python website: https://www.python.org/downloads/
- Install Jupyter: To install Jupyter, you can use the package manager pip. Open your terminal or command prompt and run the following command:
pip install jupyter.
- Launch Jupyter: To launch Jupyter, run the following command in your terminal or command prompt:
jupyter notebook. This will open a new browser window with the Jupyter interface.
- Create a new notebook: Once you have Jupyter open, click on the “New” button on the right-hand side and select “Python 3” to create a new Python notebook.
Python Learning Resources
Check out the following for learning about Python and AI in relation to Python
- Learn Python in an Hour (YouTube)
- Python Machine Learning Tutorial (YouTube)
- AI with Python Tutorial
Learning Jupyter Notebooks
- Google Colab Tutorial (YouTube)
- Jupyter Notebook Tutorial for Beginners with Python (YouTube)